About

This blog is by an Estonian discovering her childhood dream country Canada. Based in Toronto, but sometimes traveling. Looking for an Estonian connection in the far away country and giving away tips about what to see, what to do, what to experience. Hence the name of the blog: Toronto. Canada. Estonia.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Estonian Independence Day





I had heard that there is an event on every 24th of February in Toronto Town Hall. It seemed a little hard for me to believe, as Estonia is such a small country and there are not so many Estonians in Toronto...but seeing is believing, right? So I made it there myself. I was glad to see that it was really happening. Young and old had gathered with little Estonian flags and wearing the sorority caps were singing Estonian anthem together. Wow. Wow. 

A little side remark, it was a terrible day. Sleet wasn't definitely in my plans when I was cycling to there and then had to attend in an exhibition meeting of "Am I Estonian". I was soaked when I got there and then I had more to cycle. Yucky. I was completely wet!!!


Read more about Eesti Vabariigi aastapäev HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment