About

This blog is by an Estonian discovering her childhood dream country Canada. Based in Toronto, but sometimes traveling. Looking for an Estonian connection in the far away country and giving away tips about what to see, what to do, what to experience. Hence the name of the blog: Toronto. Canada. Estonia.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Handiwork



My host family inspired me and through a year I developed my little project, which was to renovate this little night dresser. I found this when I was cleaning somebody's storage room, I saved it at my host family's barn and then little by little I started working on it. First removing the old paint, then filling the cracks, primering it few times, then I came up with an idea which I would like to present through my painting. I was inspired by the host dad who introduced me to kente cloth, which is African national clothing. I chose Ghanian, as I wanted this to be a present to Evelyn. 

Here is is :)



No comments:

Post a Comment