About

This blog is by an Estonian discovering her childhood dream country Canada. Based in Toronto, but sometimes traveling. Looking for an Estonian connection in the far away country and giving away tips about what to see, what to do, what to experience. Hence the name of the blog: Toronto. Canada. Estonia.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Beaver!!!!

I have learned that Canada is very famous because of the beaver, as in the early times it was the base of the economy and helped First Nations to survive while exchanging the leather with White People. You can see beaver in many coat of arms, signs, billboards, on 5 cent coin etc.

I had never seen one with my own eye, until this Tuesday when I was out in the woods by this very lovely lake and see something swimming closer to me. I sat in the bush without any movement and shot away. What I got was this:


Then I  saw it swimming behind the corner of the lake and I made my way there as quietly as possible, while moving on my toes, tummy and elbows. It was so tough, as I had to keep camera on top of my back, while avoiding dragging it on the ground.

When I peeked behind the rock, I could see the beaver washing, so I shot away. It was worthy, as the best shot is here:




No comments:

Post a Comment