About

This blog is by an Estonian discovering her childhood dream country Canada. Based in Toronto, but sometimes traveling. Looking for an Estonian connection in the far away country and giving away tips about what to see, what to do, what to experience. Hence the name of the blog: Toronto. Canada. Estonia.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Groundhog family





During my one month in the woods of Quebec, I got to know a family of groundhogs, who were living under the log pile by my trailer. First day I thought that there is one just by accident, but every time, especially in the mornings, when I stepped outside and was quiet, I could see several fur balls doing their things around it. They were very cute and very tiny and quite bold I must say. During the course of time I got to take lots of photos of them. 

Usually they are our on their own, or there was just one bolder one who stayed out longer and allowed me to sneak closer with my telephoto lens. On the last photo you can see four babies, there were five of them and the mother. Their teeth are sharp and can crack wood like a piece of cake. Sometimes I spent just ten minutes looking face to face with one of these cute balls, so that my feet died....

Very exciting to be in the nature.




No comments:

Post a Comment